Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Week 5 To IMWA

Rain had come and haze had gone. Where I was, the lightning and thunder were in abundance and threatening but very little rainfall. Still the haze had somehow lifted. So all was good to go on Sunday.

I was suppose to ride a short 50km in the morning but chose to have breakfast with my family instead. I was too tired to wake up early for another ride and just wanted to give my body and mind some rest. Intended to ride in the early afternoon, but felt sleepy so took a nap instead. Essentially, I was a bag of lazy bones.

But took off for a 3x8km run at about 1530. Cloudy skies, what more can I ask? Furthermore, it had just rained for an hour, an hour before I left the flat. Weather was really really cool. Such a nice weather, I could not possibly have asked for any more.

Started with a fat burning zone HR pace of 6:15/km. Walked 1km and did a 2nd 8km at 5:55/km pace. Walked 1km and went on a upper end of zone 3 HR. Probably average pace of about 5:30/km. Actually was going faster at 5:15/km before I forced myself to slow down so that the HR would not shoot up too high. Was quite confident I could have continued with that pace for a while more. Legs and stamina looked sharp. Seemed that the fatigue from the races 2 weeks ago had dissipated.

Its 5 more weeks before race week. I sure am getting the butterflies. The thought of having to be working out for more than 12 hours continuously just scares the living daylights out of me. Oh well, I have trained 10 months for this race, I should be fine. But whether the body and equipment will be fine on race day is another thing altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment