Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Exclusivity!

Alright. Its cheap thrill. But I am now a member of one of Singapore's oldest running club, MR25. To become a member of the club, one have to run 5km time trial through the trail of Macritchie under 25min. I did it in 23:09 just now. That is a 4:37 pace thereabouts.


Its funny how I had the jitters before the time trial. I was telling Enrico and Andrew, that this was even more stressful than the ironman race. The ironman races have a cut off of 17 hours and frankly, that is quite a long time. But to do a 5km in 25min, that would require serious heart thumping pace. And I was getting into very unfamiliar territory. This was some serious pain.


I suspected that I would be able to clear the 25min but it would take a lot out of me to get there. 1st 2.5km I took 11:35 and the 2nd was 11:34. So that was a pretty consistent pace for the whole run. Not much of a negative split to talk about. I thought I slowed down a great deal on the 2nd lap but I had new found strength for the last 300m, when I saw the forest open up to the reservoir again. A great motivator indeed!


I knew I had some reserves because I wasnt sure of how much I had to run. So I squeezed out the remnants for a harder 100m run to the end point. Managed to overtake a bloke by 3s coz he was on my radar at the end. Andrew who was pacing me for the return leg, pointing at the bloke telling me to overtake him. And so I did.


So thats another target achieved. For what? Well, just for the fun of it and just a gauge of how far I have come with all the training sessions Coach put me through as well as what Andrew had been getting me to do with his track sessions.


Really, something plucked off Martin Yan's "Yan Can Cook", if I can do it, I bet my life, so can anybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment