Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tribob Aquathlon 2011 for Kids



2nd race for the kids for 2011 this morning. 150m swim at Siloso Beach and a 1.5km run. Well, they didnt get off to a great start coz they forgot their goggles. I had to walk to Palawan Beach to buy their goggles while they went to bodymark. They still have much to learn. I am to be blamed of course, because I didnt prep them for the race. Anyway, they completed the race safe and sound. Thats going to matter more than anything else. First sea swim too!


***


After hammering in 55km of hard bike yesterday, I rested my legs for a few hours more and only started on my run at 4pm. 32km run with 22km rolling was a tough run. Started out quite comfortable but by the time I hit 22km, I was beginning to feel the fatigue setting in but pressed on. As the sun set, the heat dissipated but the body was still not cooling down fast enough. Had to douse myself with water. Good thing that I used a different route so that I have access to the petrol kiosks toilet this time. If I had gone into Mandai. it would be a long stretch without fluids and plus more rolling terrain, it would have completely dehydrated me.


Coach put me on 5:50 pace and I managed just that. Finished the run in 3:06:22. Not in pain when I got home. So that was a very good sign. Now I need to get to my roller and massage the legs or suffer the consequences (and the wrath of my Coach!).

No comments:

Post a Comment