Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How Will We Live Our Lives?


The old season of China's Got Talent. Armless pianist Liu Wei. What was striking was what he said: he had 2 choices, either die or live an outstanding life. And he chose the latter. He did go on to win the title in 2010.

Yes, how would we choose to live our lives?
***

Havent had the time to remember all the personal best in my sessions. Last Friday I did a 1km swim time 
trial in 17:19, 1st 700m I was hitting home in under 1:45 per 100m, 8th and 9th 100m I did 1:47 and last 100m clocked a 1:46. I think I had been doing 1:47 per 100m in the past consistently for 1500, so this was probably one of the best 1km swim trial. However, I did notice that my strokes seemed to be more destructive coz there were more splashes. The gliding seemed to have gone from my swim recently, just like it did during yesterday's swim session.

Kind of think that my swimming mileage had also decreased compared to last year when I was training for WA. I remembered doing something like 8-9km a week a few times. But I suppose I dont have that much time to do such mileage during this period of work. Will have to live with it.

Today while the track was my 2.4km time trial with my usual track mates. Warm up striding was suppose to be 6 laps of 200m but I stopped at 4 because my legs felt tired already. And that was after I had done 3.2km of slow warm up as well. Time was 10:01. If I had been eligible for IPPT, I would have gotten Gold - assuming that I do not foul up the rest of the fitness stations.

It has been a long time since I did a 2.4km run. The last time was back in 2008 when I was still classified fit  for the army. And my 2.4km time was 11:30, with no speed work training. In fact, my fastest ever when I was in the army was a mere 9:32. Really not that fast compared to my peers and considering that we were training to be PTIs.

10:01, that is a 4:10 pace. My fastest I had ever done since I left the army almost 20 years back.

Best thing was this: my 60 year old mate beat me by 20s.

Oh.... boy!

Can I get faster? I dont know. But with this as a mark, only time will tell if there is any more I can improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment