Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Long Work Week

This week has been a busy week. Couldnt spend enough time on the computer for my own stuff. Thursday worked late too. My colleague commented on Friday morning: it didnt feel as if we left the college. How apt indeed!


Nonetheless, I still managed my training session on Wednesday. Over 94km bike and a 6km run. Last stretch of the bike, Coach prescribed a 10x1min sprints on big chain ring and smallest cog, with 1min recovery spins in between. As I stepped on the pedal to power up the sprint, I could feel the rear wheel lifting off and at the same time traversing left and right. The traction of the tyre just could not take the power generated by the riding combination I suppose. Whats more, I was riding with the disc. Its been a while and likely the disc will make its appearance at AVIVA 70.3 this year. Run was completed in just over 33:43 quite comfortably.


Thursday missed a 4.8km tempo run. Planned to get up on Friday morning to make it up but was just too tired. Friday had a swim. Warm up, 10x50m on 55s and 10 push ups after every lap, 4x200m, 4x100m, 5x50m sprints (managed 2 42s and 3 43s, if these are considered sprints at all?).


Today did a 28km run. Suppose to be done in 5:47 pace but completed in 2:44 instead (and distance unsure too, thanks to the silly GPS that had decided to be inaccurate today. What a pain in the butt!). Started the run early in the morning and heart rate just could not pick up. I knew the pace was way off because I took longer than usual to reach the uturn point. Now I am so tired and hopefully tomorrows 180km to north of Desaru (Sedili) will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment