Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Calamaties 2011


Barely 3 weeks later after earthquake rocked Christchurch, New Zealand, last Friday saw a tsunami devastating the Miyagi prefecture in Japan. To-date 2000 bodies at Miyagi and more than 10000 unaccounted for. 2011 has not been a good start at all.


What was heartwarming, however, was how the Japanese people came together as a nation and helped as much as they could. Tweeter feeds mentioned about how some unlikely souls came forward with their money to be donated to help those who were affected, how some saved electricity so that more can be used in places that needed it more (I have no idea how this works).


Not forgetting the nuclear plant that is in near crisis. I dont think there is another need for a WWII situation, nor a Chernobyl.


I can only hope that this will come to pass fast and the Japanese will stand on its feet again.


***




Yup. My cheeky girl mimicking the statue at the Congo River exhibits at the Asian Civilisation Museum. The last time we visited a museum was the Egyptian exhibits at the National Museum in 2010 I think? Entrance was free for the both of us and we saw some of the permanent displays as well. After having spent 1.5hrs in there, walked towards the oldest bridge in Singapore, the Cavanagh Bridge. So tempted to take a ride on the trishaw just to let my daughter experience what I enjoyed back in the early 80s. Decided against it because it was drizzling.


A good day out with my girl nonetheless! School holidays are GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment