Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Bomb!

Ceramic bearings are DA BOMB!


I just swopped out the stainless steel bearings from my ZIPP 808s to American made ceramic bearings and the smoothness while riding just blew me apart! I have always been skeptical about the true efficiency and effectiveness of ceramic bearings. But this just removed any doubts I had in my mind. I just cant imagine if the BB and jockey wheels are changed to ceramic bearings as well... Soon to be done too... I should have upgraded for IMWA... Darn!


Went on 70km ride and it was brisk. Really. The rotation of the wheels are smooth and fast. The start up was also very fast. My legs were still achy after the speed track work on Tuesday and definitely not rested well for last night's ride. But I could pedal very easily still. Going uphill was easy and I wasnt panting that much. The increased in wattage must have been quite substantial with this increase in efficiency. It was amazing!


I am a convert!


In the meantime, it will be back to my old training wheels with SQUARE bearings...

No comments:

Post a Comment