Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year Resolution

I use to think that new year resolution is a waste of time and really juvenile. However, as I pondered on this before the year comes to a close, I realised that it is a way to induce discipline in myself to achieve certain targets.


It is like signing up for a race and training towards it. Its a goal for ourselves to work towards. In the triathlonfamily forum, there is currently a race going on among the athletes - to work towards ENR226. The plan is to take part in as many run races as possible and hit 226km. It started since October 2010 and already there is going to be a winner soon - 20km away from the mark. Its pretty amazing I must say! As for me, I am just at the half way mark. Could have been higher if I had gotten a slot at the MR25 ultramarathon - which I missed the deadline when I decided to sign up. But never mind. Its all for the fun of it.


Perhaps the resolutions should be tangible and achieveable. Not something like, "to end poverty in the world by end of 2011", or the slated "world peace". I am still thinking through, besides trying to attain even better timings in my races, what else I should work towards to, more for the people around than just myself. It is time to return to the people around me and be less self centred. Like the common saying, every little thing starts from home. As much as I would like to give back to the society, I shall take the baby step and start the good work from home first.


2011, ready or not, it is coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment