Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Challenge Cairns: Decision Made!

Yes, after much deliberation, I have decided to go with Cairns. Will pass on the Japan race by JTU and definitely skip Busselton next year. Race has been registered. Will come back to settle accomodation. Itinerary has not been planned yet, but should be driving up from Brisbane as I will want my kids to get to the theme parks in Brisbane when we drive back. Yes, 1700km drive one way is going to be quite painful. But split into a couple of days with multiple stops may be a good way to see Queensland. 3 consecutive years in Perth might just be an overload for my family. This is a good chance for a break from the Busso jetty and waters! So Cairns, here I come!

With this registration, it means I will have to skip the Sundown Marathon - registered because of a miscommunication with my boss. Oh well, from the past records, I DNS one race every year. I hope this will be the only one I will DNS in 2011. There are other running races that I will be training for and looking out to take part in - Northface 25km or 50km, Desaru half iron triathlon and Standard Chartered Marathon. And probably skip the rest.

Next year will be an exciting year again! Am so looking forward to it! But between now and next year, BUSSELTON, HERE I COME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment