Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Changes to Training Routine for 2011

How much have I improved in my swimming ever since I joined the Monday swims? Definitely more than I had anticipated. I was pretty skeptical that I could improve much but I have been proven wrong. I read from the magazine, that a way to gauge is to do a stroke count. I was doing 30 for a year, since 2009. Ever since I did this Monday routine, I have gone down to 23-26, most of the time, its 25. This is per 50m. I am looking to improve again and have made some changes to the equipment. And hopefully will not get any serious injuries. Will have to slowly adapt to it.

***

This morning I did interval training sessions with Andrew, friend from MR25 running group. Warmed up with a 2km run followed by 10 sets of 200m sprints with 200m recovery in between. Managed 2 sets of 35s, while the rest were 36s and 37s. But recovery jog of 200m was a tad longer. Andrew was encouraging enough to say that as my fitness improve, the recovery time will get shorter. Well, I hope so! Otherwise, I will be slowing down the track work of the MR25 runners.

This will be incorporated into my new training routine for next year. And perhaps I will be able to run stronger...

No comments:

Post a Comment