Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

One Year Closer

I am 1 year older closer to the big FOUR ZERO. Hope I will grow to be wiser...

Coach put me on a smaller menu today. 2km warm up, 3x3km with 500m walk in between followed by 1km warm down. Greedy me had lunch and wolfed down a tea break just 3hours before the run. And the chili just didnt go down well with the routine. So, the glutton in me overcame the common sense. Oh what the heck! The sinful lontong was just too overpowering! Ha ha!

Warm up was queasy. Stomach felt bloated and thought the tea break may just find its way out of my throat. Fortunately, managed to keep them all in. 1st 3km with 5:17/km pace, 2nd with 4:58/km pace and last with 4:25/km pace. Tried to keep the cadence low while gliding more. Pretty successful I must say? Coz the HR remained high. Getting more comfortable doing runs at the higher range of Zone 4 and sometimes going up to Zone 5 nowadays. Which must be good? Compared to last year while I was training for IMWA, my HR was always in Zone 3. I can only hope I can maintain it in a race. I know I tend to be more cautious in races. I will need to build up my own confidence to perform at the higher zones. I suppose doing the races will help in this? Next Sunday is Army Half Marathon. Shall see what happens then.

No comments:

Post a Comment