Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Total Wreck!

Tuesday's interval training totally killed me. 3km warm up, 4x400m, 8x200m, 8x100m and 2km warm down. Today, I woke up with hammies, quads and glutes all aching. Did my 12km run in the evening today and even my arms were achy! Lungs felt as if they were on fire. Even the rib cage was aching. Legs just would not cooperate. I was totally thrashed by the single interval work out. Not sure if I will have anything left for tomorrow's swim and the weekends' sessions...


Elite Bicycle Singapore distributors, Adeline and Daphne, completed IM Canada over last weekend. Both completed and Adeline finished close to the cut off time. She had ITB problems and bad blisters in her feet. It was nice to know that her iron will made her cross the line. What I especially liked about it was that the athletes encouraged her on while she was walking - "Keep going, young lady, and see you at the finish line." I think it is such encouragements that will push ourselves to the end point when we tell ourselves we are done with the race.


So, go ahead, encourage the people around. You never know when you will make a difference to them - race in the IM, work or Life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment