Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

To the one who has, more will be given

My kids Saturdays are filled with enrichment programmes. They first start out the morning with English Speech and Drama which goes all the way till before lunch. Then they have piano lessons in the early afternoon. In the past they use to have Chinese Speech and Drama thereafter but recently had been taken out because we agreed that it was just too tiring for them - and for us as well! Then on Sundays, they have swimming in the late afternoon.


I use to chauffeur them around and I was the taxi driver and my car the taxi. But ever since I started on my long rides on Saturdays and long runs on Sundays, the role of the taxi driver has been taken over by my wife. Interestingly, my wife made a passing comment, jokingly, of course. The smartest woman is one knows the least.  And she concluded this because she had to take over my role as the driver as she knows how to drive and could drive the kids around. If she had not been able to, I would be left no choice and do the ferrying myself. And the more she is able, the more she is tasked to do.


Now, how true that can be! Is it not the same at work? The more able you are, the more responsibilities you undertake? Even the Bible quotes," To the one who has, more will be given; from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away." Taken out of context of course.


Fortunately, she has supported me all this time. What more can I ask?


***


I did my run sets yesterday after the rain. It was cool and air refreshing. And I found my legs again. They felt light and dying to speed up -felt lighter than AHM even - but I had to hold my horses because not only I have to do the sets, I also have to take into consideration that I will be doing a 100km up to Kulai from Singapore on Saturday. A fast and furious ride with the Pinarello riders from Cycleworx. Last I heard, they did the same 100km rolling terrain at an average of 37kph??? I think they are mad. But I will be doing a slower one with their second group of riders. I hope I will survive.


The run sets done were 3km warm up, 2x800m, 4x400m, 6x200m, 6x100m and 2km warm down. The legs felt good. Next Saturday is the Desaru long distance triathlon. And my girls may be taking part in the kids race. Looking forward to the weekend break. Would be nice to be away again.

No comments:

Post a Comment