Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps"Greed is good" now "Greed is legal". The movie started with a bang. Taking jabs at the financial institutions back in 2008 when the property bubble in US burst. I did not watch the The Wall Street in the 80s but I suppose there is really no need to. Can be viewed independently. Thin storyline, pretty predictable but I liked the many punchlines that peppered throughout the movie. It revealed pretty much of how unethical, amoral and manipulative man can get. Frankly, I do not think that is is that far away from real life, especially at the top level, and perhaps higher middle management.


I had once imagined myself to be in the industry, but have since grown out of it. I suppose there is more to life than just money. And would not life be happier without manipulative acts as well as working for an underlying selfish reason?


***


Saturday's 180km ride and 4km run was just as expected. Long and tiring. By the time I hit 140km, I was beginning to feel the fatigue getting into my legs. But I managed to push on. Upon reaching home, put on my runners and started on the 4km run. Pretty decent run for 21min. Legs felt alright despite the lactate from the cycling. Not too bad shape.


In the evening today, did a 4x7km run with 500m walk in between sets. 43:08 for the 1st, 40:31 for the 2nd, 39:17 for the 3rd and 38:12 for the last set of 7km. Terrain was rolling as usual at Mandai. The 2nd and 3rd set really badgered me badly. But surprisingly I could make push the HR up for the last.


Desaru 70.3 triathlon coming up next Saturday. No rest up for the week, as I told Coach and he is alright with it. Desaru will just be a training session for me. Not in search for a PB but just an outing with family, friends and a race, in that order or priority. Of course, I would want to do well, but I have to have my mindset right that it is just another race to prepare myself for WA.


Just like the following weekend's 25+30km run races... Oh boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment