Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Again A Slack Week

What a slack week. Hope I dont put on weight from inactivity. Managed to do my interval training on Tuesday: 1km, 2km, 1km x 2. Took 4:08, 9:07, 4:27 and 4:32. Far cry from the 4:22 for 1km and 9:04 (2km) that Coach gave me for this week. My only excuse is that I am not on the track and it was difficult to check on my time. I was running in 1km laps.


Thursday did an 8km tempo run. Suppose to be a 5min pace but took 40:22 instead. Again wasnt sure of the pace I had to run. I must have started pretty slowly as I know I was running faster during the last 3km. It was a very comfortable 8km run though. Maybe I have rested well for the past 2 weeks and legs had recovered from the months of training for the 1st half of the year.


Cairns is coming. In less than 6 weeks. I will have to get my performance to peak by then. Dont think anything much I do within these 6 weeks will matter any more. Now should be mere sustaining what I have trained since beginning of the year.


Lets see. I had started on intevals which for the past 2 years I had never dabbled on. I started on stronger swim since WA 2010. Bike wise, not much had really changed. Perhaps the next race I should work on a stronger bike. Maybe a change in methodology as well?


***


Have decided that I will not do the Marina21k run and the Army Half Marathon. Instead I have signed up for Mega Tri Singapore long distance triathlon. Slightly longer race than the 70.3 - 2km swim, 102km bike and 27km run. Yes, I am still choosing my races this year. And hope to do more triathlons than runs. Besides Newton 30km, the next run will be StanChart marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment