Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Kids Tribob Duathlon



A family outing in the morning yesterday. Was there to cheer my kids on their 2nd duathlon for the year. They were severely handicapped like the 1st race. Bike can only go as fast as their fixie will allow them. Again. But the red faced kids were fun to look at. Suffering not on my end but theirs! Nice! :P

***
Saturday saw the early morning rain wash out any possibilities of riding. Decided to have breakfast with my wife after dropping kids for their enrichment classes. Started my bike session just before noon. That only meant that I could not hit the 200km that I planned to and in the end did 120km only. It was nothing of high intensity considering that I had some residual fatigue in me and also had to hold back because of the prescribed 32km run on Sunday.

From this ride, I realised that eating up after the session was very important. I felt faintish after the ride despite having nailed my nutrition on the bike. Missing lunch could have contributed to it and perhaps not carbing up for the week could have been a factor as well. Because all fainting spells were gone after I ate up a double portion of spaghetti.

The run was suppose to be my last big one before I break for reservist. But instead of my usual route of 32km, I decided to run to my parents' place and have my dinner there. Huge mistake. It turned out to be the hardest 32km run I had to do in a training session. I had to keep climbing slopes for a good 7km of the route. I got to the last 4.5km and I decided to turn into the track to finish up the rest of the mileage. I was just too trashed to do any more slopes. The body was feeling too weak already.

To make things worse, the GPS did not compute the laps accurately and I did almost 33km. And that took me 3:27. Way way off the mark of 5:40 pace that Coach had tasked me to do. Will live to see another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment