Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Restful Week

Started reservist on the wrong foot. For the 1st two days, I had splitting headaches which went away with painkillers. With a night off, I went home and measured my blood pressure, it shot up through the roof! I had no idea at all for this sudden surge. Probably due to lack of training for the week? Too inactive for too long? Monday was the swim, Tuesday did nothing. Thursday did an easy 8km run and Friday did a slightly faster 5.4km run. Didnt manage to follow what Coach had prescribed.


Today, I managed to get out of the flat about 2pm to do a 24km run. 1st 10km in 53:37, 2nd 10km in 59:45 and last 4km in 23:30. Total time taken was 2:16:53. Again a far cry from the 5:30 pace I was suppose to hold. Heat really got into me when I started. A hefty 36 degrees - according to my watch. Of course not throughout the run? But yes, I would say that at 2pm, that would have been a possible temperature.


I had thought I would be able to give it a good go for today's run. Terribly disappointed I must say because I felt really trashed during the run. Could be the heat or it could be just myself. Looks like I have more to do with the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment