Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

When Is Too Much Just Too Much?

Nit picking on the smallest of issues in recent times, like the extent of personal attacks on 27 year old incumbant MP, can really leave an ill aftertaste. It just like eating the same food over and over again will change the taste buds, from pleasant to an overkill.


So, how much of endurance training should we do? Met an old friend today. He knew I was into ironman races - cos he has seen me running around the area and that I have lost a lot of weight since I left the school - and he shared with me this link.


I doubt that I will fit the category of people training seriously and hard. I am just going by what I think I can do. Will this research be applicable to me? I hope not.


***
Havent done my run for the day. Spent the whole day settling my work as well as errands I needed to run before I go for my reservist. Not forgetting there was rain in the afternoon. As well as hunger.


Probably wont be doing the intervals but instead go for a light run in the morning tomorrow before I report. Run off all the sweet stuff I had been eating since the 33km run on Sunday. Somehow the body had been craving for that sweet stuff which I seldom consume usually.


The break is here. I hope not to lose any fitness during these 2 weeks. I have brought bungy cord to replace my swim and more sets of running gear. Hopefully I will be able to squeeze in some runs before meals of some sort, as well as include core exercises. Contemplated bringing in the yoga mat but decided not to. At least I still have my Sunday to do the long runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment