Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

LOOK Keo Power Pedals

LOOK (pun intended) at the review here. Could this be the future of powermeters as well? Many considerations though. I have heard of how fragile LOOK pedals are because of the presence of play at the spindle. And with the strain gauge at the spindle, will there be a compromise in structure? Just a perspective from a layman, nothing scientific. The pedal is probably the part that is most ill treated in the whole bike besides the tyres. Clip in and out all the time, used as a bike stand against the kerb, 1st part to hit the ground if bike topples sideways? And if you think that its going to be cheap because it is so small, think again. 1600-1800 euros! That is more than the price of the Quarq.


However with another competitor, with the market dominated by upmarket SRM and Quarq, midmarket Cycleops and the low end iBike (which I use), this may be good for end users. Perhaps the price of these equipment will feel the heat and reduce its prices in due time and made more affordable to a bigger market segment in the cycling industry.


***


Bollocks! I have to miss JP Morgan because of work commitment. Irony is that this was suppose to be corporate race. Afraid there will be no choice. It will be the 2nd DNS for this year! But with 1 DNS, I have compensated by registering for 5km Open Water Swim at East Coast in July (and I signed up for Newton 30km over the weekend).


I will have 1.5years to train for IMWA 2012 after Cairns. No letting up. Hopefully to do an 11 hour race then? Very, very ambitious I must admit but will work on the bike as well as run. I dont think my swim can go down much further. Even if it does, it will be too small and may not be significant for the whole race.


And in 2013, perhaps Norseman. IF I can get a slot. Otherwise it will be back to June/December races again. Am hoping that I can mark my 5th ironman chase with the toughest IM in the world. And yes, the target will be the black tee.


Lets see how things turn out. A plan can only be just that, a plan. There are still too many variables in life. Uncertain variables.

No comments:

Post a Comment