Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mountain Bike!

How true is this? Think some bits are in jest.


http://www.cycling-inform.com/bike-skills/136-unwritten-rules-of-cycling-etiquette


I have my own code. I will not draft others if I do not know them. And if I had wanted to, I would have asked. So more often, I will not bother with drafting others.


The thing is, most cyclists on the roads here do not bother and suck wheels as much as they can. Without asking, I find it most rude and intrusive. And the best part was, they suck wheels so quietly that I didnt know they had sneaked behind. The Saturday ride I had one such rider. He was initially drafting on a big container. Later he sucked on my wheel. What a bummer. Then again, I shouldnt implement my own code on others.


***




Took over this MTB from a friend at a steal. He needed to let it go coz he was preparing for a 2nd road bike at his place. Its alloy frame but comes with XTR gruppo. Suppose to be the best component for MTBs. And guess what? I know nuts about MTB. A good start for a cross training after Cairns perhaps? Although this will be shared more between myself and my older girl. Notice that the saddle is really at its minimum.


Akward colour, as my wife said. But with such a low cost and only meant for recreational riding, it should suit me just fine.


***
At night, started on my interval training late. Realised I had a 200m running route across the road. So used that as a good distance marker. 10 x 400m at 1:44 pace, prescribed by Coach. But managed all in under 100s. But I did walk 400m as recovery in between, which I think Andrew will say that would be too long a break. I use to run with him and the MR25 guys and do the same routine but at 2:30 intervals. Means, run fast pace and start the next lap on the 2:30. That was one hell of a session.


I think session was good enough for me. At least the mind remained fresh and the sets didnt look too daunting. Under 100s laps meant that I would be able to do under 10min for a 2.4km run. Could hold the pace for 6 laps but with loads of huffing and puffing definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment