Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

No Timing... Yet Again!

Newton 30km run results were out. And my name was not there. So there will be no official timing for me. I can only rely on my Polar watch for timing. SAFRA Half Marathon it happened. Now again?! I heard the beeping sound distinctively when I pass the various checkpoints. But the 2nd last one on the final loop I know the beeper did not go off as I passed. Apparently I was not the only one. Enrico and some of his pals also did not receive any timing as well. Oh well... such is life when we are dependent on technology.


As I looked through the list, my timing should slot in just at the end of top 400 runners (or thereabouts, depending on how many missing runners are slotted in front of me) of the almost 1300 participants (list had 1280). That's about 70th percentile. Well, I will have to work on improving it. There will always be next time.


***
I am amazed at how Coach would be able to tell what condition I was in despite being so many thousand km away. He told me to take an easy run yesterday of about 6-10km. And he was right that I would not be able to go hard. My legs felt slightly heavy after Wednesday's bricks session. So in the end, I did a 8km jog plus a 1km walk, and proceeded to self massage using the roller.


Today would be a swim. warm up 200m, 2x500m, followed by 10x50 with even laps doing fist swim, 2x500m and 200m warm down. Most of the time I do not calculate the distance I swim. And just last Friday, I did not even realised that with repeated sets, the total mileage was a hefty 3.5km! I had told Coach that maybe I should have an easy day in anticipation of the running weekend and that was his definition of easy!  It was only after the session that I realised I had gone that distance. But all's well that ended well.


Tomorrow will be a 200km bike session... Here comes the big mileage to build up for WA. NICE... *faint*


6 weeks out to the ironman, counting from this Sunday onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment