Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

One For The Weekend

Friday's haze was not too bad. The little droplets of rain did a little relief to the condition that enveloped the island. Started out the run in the late evening after work and though the environment did look misty, the air did not smell as bad as on Thursday.

Did a 4x4km run with 500m walk in between. Greedy me ate 2 curry puffs just 2 hours before and paid for that moment of folly. It was tough running when the puffs wanted to find their way out of the stomach. Fortunately, they stayed right in. Paced 5:32/km, 5:38/km, 5:46/km and 5:23/km. HR was ironman pace. If only these were the actual ironman race pace...

This morning started on the 180km bike. Again I decided to hit out to Coastal flats. Did 7.5 loops before heading home. Getting there was 20km and back would be the same distance. Pretty disappointed in the speed despite not having very strong headwind. For 170km, my average speed was 30.8kph. The purpose for today's ride was to sustain the HR and complete the whole sitting. If I were to be hit by Busselton's winds, this average speed will definitely go even lower. Looks like I will have to manage my own expectations again.

***
I realised that my wetsuit has been in the cupboard since December 2009 IMWA. I think it is really time to take it out for a swim to see if there are any problems with it. The last thing I want is to buy a completely new one while in Australia.

Gotta find time to do a sea swim this coming week. Its going to be tough time getting into the suit all over again...

No comments:

Post a Comment