Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Raise The Bar For 2011

Yesterday's bricks was a good outing. 100km bike with 6km run. Surprised myself with an average of 5:17/km pace for the full 6km run. Hope it was not a footpod calibration but I think the distance was about right.


Although the year has yet to end, I am looking forward to new goals for 2011 races.  So will there be a off season for me after WA? I doubt it. It will be time to raise the bar for Aviva 70.3 which may be the 1st race for the new year. I will likely pass for Biathlon and focus on long distance running races and triathlons. No point doing so many races when I could probably put the time to training sessions instead. Also to reduce the amount of money spent on race fees. I think I have spent close to $2000 this year on registration alone. Not including overseas travelling costs. Fees have been increasing over the 2 years I started on triathlons. So have to be wise and choose the races carefully.


I was evaluating Norway just a few weeks ago. Planned to holiday with just my wife there for the Bergen ironman distance tri. This will be more affordable than a whole family holiday. But wife said that it would be too costly and not our lifestyle. So, it had to be shelfed again. Like I have been telling my friends," Where is my money tree?"


I checked the old ironman Japan website and apparently they are planning for a race next year. I emailed them but no response despite them asking readers to email for more information. Needed to find out if it will be in June again. Otherwise it will be back to WA for 2012. Wife says I can only do 1 ironman in a year. I missed the 2 ironman this year and seems like she is quite firm about it. Darn! Anyway, the site mentioned to wait for news in November. I can only cross my fingers and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment