Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week 6 To IMWA

The last time I did the countdown to ironman race was in June for Japan. And of course, nothing came out of it and the countdown was till Week 1. The next day of course I recieved an email informing me that the race had been cancelled.


I was doing the pool swim on Friday and a thought dawned upon me. The picture of the actual doing of WA gave me the butterflies in my stomach. Urggh... This is what happens when I am inexperienced. But I have also read that the pros also get the same sick feeling when they were in the water at the swim start. I suppose it would apply to all athletes?


Then the next thought was this: after the 3.8km swim, there is still a 5-6+hr bike... followed by a 4-5hour run. This IS really quite a sport! How did I convince myself to get through this? I am still amazed with myself, a movie freak and couch potato in the past. Seemed like that was a thing of the past.


To start off the countdown would be a short 35km ride followed by 4 sets of 5km run with 500m walk in between. Slowly but surely, things will be picking up. I have done what I can to prep up till now with Coach's help. All the training races are over and training is done. It is now time to peak during the race. With Japan gone, the whole year's training boiled down to this A race. Will just have to wait and see how much I have improved over last year's ironman.


Deep down, I am still hoping that IMJ will be scheduled for next June. I sure would love to try out a more hilly course. Although I know that I am not good with bike climbs, but it will be something new for myself. Perhaps IM will announce in a couple of months time? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment