Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

NorthFace 50km Duo Results

I was quite amazed with the ranking my partner and myself got in the 50km Duo field. I got a time of 3:19:25 and combined total time of 6:48:20. Ranked 70 out of 284 teams! The thing was, we could have been ranked even higher if I had gone at my own pace! Wow! This goes to show that it was indeed a very gruelling route. I had thought that we would be ranked in the middle or even lower! I told my partner we will try to do this again next year and try to better the timing. If the race were not too near WA 2011, I will want to try the 100km duo. We both know it will be terribly tough and punishing, but are game to try it out.


***
Monday did a 60km bike at Coastal in the mid afternoon. Decided to drive all the way there instead because I wanted to train with constant HR given by Coach. Riding at Mandai is tough to keep HR in check as well as speed. On top of which, I was suppose to time 3 sets of 10km at specific HR. As usual, the wind slowed me down a lot but the tail wind was sweet...


Last night was the usual swim with Trifam Monday Swim at Buona Vista. Was tired especially with 2 sets of 100m butterfly and 2 sets of 100m breathing on 3-5-7 strokes! They were really really tough. But having said that, I think I really benefited from swimming with the blokes. I think the efficiency in water some how had improved with the drills we do on Mondays. So it was a good thing I decided to do a night session with them. Just to bad I cant join them for dinner thereafter. Perhaps one of these days I will. Not too friendly and not too nice, I know.


Just completed an easy 8km run today. The haze was really bad. This was by far the worst haze in the past few years. I remember it being really bad back in 2004 or 2005 (cant really remember when) when my kids were still very young. Then we even bought masks for them to put on because it was air was so polluted that the burnt smell was very distinct. Hope the haze will lift soon. I sure do not want to do long rides and runs in this. The last thing I want is to fall sick now. Looks like it is time for supplements overdose again...


Second session tonight will be bike trainer. Good thing it would be done in the comforts of the home. Nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment