Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kids Duathlon!

Despite it being the barest registration bag I have ever come across in my short 2 years of doing multisport races, my kids seemed as if they had good fun attempting their 1st such race this morning.


Speaking of Triathlon Association of Singapore or TAS, it really disgust me to think that with the registration fee that I paid for my 2 kids, they did not get a race tee nor a finisher tee. During the registration, all I received on behalf of them were


1) timing chip with strap
2) number tag
3) stickers for helmet
4) sticker for bike


Ah! Yes! Safety pins to pin the bib number, how could I have forgotten that important thing? Race tee had to be purchased but they did not have size small enough for my girls. And finisher medal - which I half expected my girls not to receive.


Perhaps, I am expecting too much from the kids race. But this was applicable to the adult participants as well. As Enrico said, race pack was as bare as baby's bottom race.







Anyway, the girls experienced a fraction of what I did with NO preparation. In fact, my younger girl had outgrown her bike but all I did was raise the seat post so that it was more comfortable for her. Soon, she will have to take over the older sister's bike and the latter have to upgrade to 650 wheelset bike. Not too soon coz I am not about to spend too much on their bikes just yet. Maybe will still keep them on MTBs but with slick tyres.


It was a nice turn of event for me - that I am on the supporting role this time while they participate. Since they were on different waves, I had wait and run to bike transition and then to finishing point. Nice and exciting for me too!


***
Had planned to hope on bike trainer on Saturday morning and night. But was ordered to rest my legs by Coach. Even today's run later in the afternoon will be an easy 2km warm up and 5x4km sets with 500m walk in between. So will be taking things easy later and hopefully the legs had regained some of the energy for the upcoming week.#


# Consistent times for the 5 sets of 4km: 23:32, 22:10, 23:06, 22:18 and 21:14. Legs are still tired but were better after the rest on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment