Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year!

Been quite an eventful new year. To start off 2011, an inconsiderate driver parked the whole car on the pavement, in front of the staircase that led to the lift of my block. Spent 2 minutes to knock sense into the common sense lacking woman and to a point of threatening to call the police before she found her wits to drive the car off.

Thereafter, the police rang my door bell at 12am (2nd Jan). My neighbour saw a stranger who tried to open my door and at the same time appeared to have stolen some shoes - belonging to other neighbours. The case is still pending investigation. But yes, it sure was an exciting start.


Lastly, my younger girl contracted chicken pox. No greater timing than this,when term is just about to start.

So what resolutions am I making for this year? 2 simple ones. First to spend more time with my parents and second, spend more time going through my children's work at night. It is so easy to forget these simple things after a hard day's work and even more overwhelming with the day's training sessions. Hopefully with the 1.5 years of base training I have had, I will not feel so tired after the sessions.

My running friend is training for his first 70.3 race. His weakness is his swim while the other 2 disciplines he will excel in them. Swam with him twice and with my little knowledge, tried to give him some pointers. He will also be joining in the Monday swim to get better, after hearing how much I have improved.

Last Friday, new year's eve, we did a 400m warm up, 500m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m and 2 x 50m swim sets.And it is probably confirmed that I have improved after swimming consistently the same timings with 3 sessions. So that is good news definitely!

Was suppose to do a 140km ride on New Years' day but decided to sleep in and spend more time with my family. After all, it will be 2 more days before the official start to a new season for Challenge Cairns. Not much time for that A race. 19 weeks in all only, excluding the 2 weeks of reservist in April that will be a disruption to the training routine.

Today did another 20km jog with just water for hydration. Met my former student on the way back of 1.5km. Chatted along the way as he accompanied me back. Young man did a 3:24 SCSM in 2010! It is great being young is it not? Anyhow, covered the 20km at easy pace again in 2hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment