Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Refreshed and Rejuvenated

The stomach of anger was no more this morning. What a great start to a new week. 2nd for the year!


Rode 90km and ran 4km yesterday in the morning. Ride was good. Did some slopes that I havent done in a while. But sitting position went haywire when I discovered that my seat post had slipped. The marking was gone and adjustment had to be done by gut feel. In the end, I believe the saddle is slightly higher than normal but I carried on. Now, suffering a nagging ache at the shoulder but going off. Hopefully will be gone by tomorrow for the swim.


4km run was at 5:26/km pace. Could feel strain on the inner thighs too at the beginning of the run. Again likely due to the wrong sitting position. Capped it at an easy pace instead of pushing the HR up, remembering that I have the run today.


Met a couple of blokes from the track work this morning while doing the 3x6km. Its the MR25 guys usual long run near McRitchie. I did a 1.5km warm up followed by 5:31, 5:28 and 5:00 pace sets, with 500m walk in between sets. Carb was kept to minimum and could feel the effect setting in during the last set. Fortunately I had reserved the last of 2 bottles of low carb drink to fuel the last set. I knew I was going to need it.


The feel of the run was good. In fact, all the runs had been good so far. It was the same feeling I had just before I went for WA2010. The stamina had been holding up and the legs were not disappointing. And all these despite going on lesser or no carb. I think the season had just started and everything is still fresh and rejuvenated. Let's see what will happen in 1 month's time. By then the fatigue would have set in...


But still, all was good today! Nice!


To hell with assholes...

No comments:

Post a Comment