Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

3km Swim Time Trial

This week seems to be a time trial week. Just did a 3km swim in the pool. Felt good actually, after the 400m warm up. Pool was empty and the sky just opened up. Took advantage of it in case the Rain God decides to change his mind.

Was touching the wall under 2 min per 100m. In the end, clocked up a total of 58:04 for the distance. Nice and easy did it. I glide as much as I could at every stroke. Nothing strenuous. End result was pretty decent. Time should be less because I took about 2 seconds to lap the watch. Slow movement I must say.

Was observing my strokes from the faint reflection from the tiles below me. Strokes were entering at shoulder width apart. Arms were pointing to the front. No hurried strokes. Just glide and pull, glide and pull. Consistently touching the wall at about 1:55 per 100m. After a while, the fingers started to go numb. It is the first time I have gone under 60min for a 3km swim though. So that's nice to know.

I have a 21km time trial on Sunday. This is in preparation for Army Half Marathon coming up in 2 weeks. Lets see how it will go, after the 100km bike and 10km run tomorrow morning.

2 comments: