Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

4km Time Trial

Did a 4km warm up before the time trial and 1km warm down thereafter. Was hoping to do a quickie. Perhaps a 4:30/km pace, or maybe even 4:00/km pace. But it was not to be a fairy tale ending. Think I am too old to live in Never Never Land. Clocked an average 4:44/km pace for 4km. 18:57. The legs cadence just could not be increased. I was merely settling myself into a comfortable cadence and letting the leg dictate the speed. Probably the only good thing was that I was gliding more because my cadence was 88rpm. Another consolation may be this: no hyperventilation even after the run and that I could have gone for another 2km maybe, 3km more?


I do know that I was stronger than this before. I had gone on some runs when my return leg of 3km I could be running effortless and the legs still felt good. Maybe it was all the standing during my work today. Though I must stop giving myself excuses.


Disappointed? A tad perhaps because I had higher expectations. But again compared to my past running times, this is way far superior. And I should be satisfied that I have gotten here thus far. A reminder to myself: patience and celebrate every little improvement. Endurance fitness, speed are no instant noodles. It will have to take time to mold and nurture.

No comments:

Post a Comment