Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Counting Blessings

It's amazing? I never knew I would get to learn or experience anything from the army? I actually did!


Just to keep the whole story short, we are never satisfied with the circumstances we are in, no matter how fortunate as compared to others around. And with that dissatisfaction comes loads of negativity and complaints and grudges. While all these were on going, I looked at it from another perspective: given only both choices, will not my current situation the better of the 2? Catch yourself before you swivel down the negative lane. And we all know how being negative will make us sour and disgruntled. Absolutely unattractive as well.


So I shall be content with my blessings, the rich friendships I have with my family and friends, the different interactions I have with my students, the life transforming lessons from endurance races.


A tribute to a fellow cyclist who had just passed away last week from an accident with a van, leaving behind her husband. So short a life of 39 years only?


Yes, I am counting my blessings. I have survived yet another day and hopefully more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment