Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

What a Body!

Nope nope. Its not the revelation of good physiques. But a revelation of how my body has been contorted due to bodily adaptation of daily irregular sitting postures.


Just what do I mean? I headed to CGH for my 1st physiotherapy for my left knee problem. The senior therapist hypothesized that my left glute muscles are shorter than the right side. From the mirror, my body was snaking towards the left. This had resulted in my body compensating for the short muscles by shifting to the left, while climbing up slopes on the bike, as well as twisting the hips during the runs. This is a probable cause for the nagging pain I had in February and March, which had since, simmered down a fair bit. Nonetheless, I still have to do the exercises to develop those muscles that have gone shorter over the years. So that I can go on tri-ing for long time to come and be injury free.


Did my 25km run after the physio session, after absence of almost 5 days. 6:32/km for the 1st 12km and 6:21/km for the last 13km. Nothing fast, hopefully will be my ironman pace in June.


This is Week 5 - countdown to IMJ 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment