Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Training Routes 2010

Perhaps some memories for myself to remember by. As much as possible, I lived with the policy that I will not travel the island to train. With the exception of joining the fast sessions with the Eastern Night Riders (ENR), as well as hill runs at Mt Faber, I will start from my home all the time. The reason for this is simple: I am already spending much time away from my family during these sessions, I will need to save as much time as possible to be around. And it is with this ideology, I think I have managed to keep myself in check of all the sessions that I do. Training is important but so are my family and friends.


Long Bike Route:
http://www.mapmyrun.com/view_route?r=704127287665744629


The new loop that I do is found from 34th km, the one that enters Old Lim Chu Kang Road. That is where I do couple of times to garner more mileage, as well as to get as much exposure to rolling terrain as possible. Actually, it is not as much rolling as I would need to have - after having seen the elevation profile in IMJ - but I will just have to make do for now. Mt Faber is found at 67th km, entering from Morse Road. If I do IMJ in 2011, I will train using the other entrance to Faber. Understand it is longer and steeper... 


For rides above 150km, I will back track all the way back home. For 100km rides, I will truncate at West Coast Macdonald's and back track home.


Long Run Route:
http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/sg/toa%20payoh/283127288060580575



This is the route that I take for my long runs. For 20km, I will hit up till 10th km mark and u-turn. The furthest I had gone was a 32km run last year, and led me half way into the Zoo. From the 10th km to 16th km mark, that is a bad time because there will be no refuel stations at all. At the same time, it becomes a rolling terrain. So before entering the area, fuel bottles have to be filled. Just before the turn off, there is a petrol kiosk on the opposite side of the road. Come to think of it, I have yet to do a 32km run this year. Maybe it is coming up. Think Coach is leaving the best for last. 32 or 35km run, 220km bike. I think they should be coming.


Funny. I am gleefully awaiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment