Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What An Inspiration...

Read this article from Ironman website:


http://ironman.com/columns/ironmanlife/kevin-mackinnon-catches-up-with-three-men-who-truly-embody-the-spirit-of-ironman


It was really heart warming to have read this as well. And really, the ironman is not just about the discipline, the grit but also the relationships among athletes as well as family and friends. I have come to appreciate my family more for all the support they have given me on my ironman journey during this short period. I have made new ironman friends - although I have been kept busy with my training schedule as well as my own family - whom I can seek advice from and learn from as well. I have also found a bike shop whom I can relate to because it is run by ironman triathletes themselves. Not many bike shops have this niche area and I think this will be an important seeding ground for our local triathletes.


I use to think that ironman journey is a long and lonely road. But I have come to realise and appreciate that the support from other like minded athletes are just as important as well to keep the motivation going.

No comments:

Post a Comment