Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Week 3 to IMJ

Saturday's Session
Did another 10km run on Saturday night. Picked up pace slightly and ran at 5:57/km. Slowly getting the grease into the old bones and joints. Oiling them well enough to shake off the rust that had accumulated over the last 2 weeks of inactivity.


Sunday's Session
Woke up early for a nice morning swim. No more aching lungs with new breathing method. Clocking under 60s per lap and tried to remember as much as possible that legs have to be streamlined. Bad habits are just so hard to kick. Completed easy 500m and 300m kicks for warm up. Sets of 2x400m, 2x200m,6x100m,6x50m and 100m warm down in breaststroke. The main difference I felt was that I did not have to pull fast in order to hit under 60s per lap and I dont feel as tired going through the sets too. It was pretty good.


Intervals were on the menu in the evening. 2km warm up, 4x1km with 500m easy jog, 4x500m with 2min rest in between, alternating 100m surges for 1km and 1km warm down. HR was going beyond what usually happens although I dont find it particularly fast at the specified HR, which was strange. Maybe the lay off had a hand in this.


Monday's Session
Short 30km ride followed by 6km run. Coach gave me HR for the bike but just could not follow because HR was racing. In the end, I ignored and cycled as I please because it was after all only a short distance. I slowed my run as well, to bring HR down but could not do so. Slowed till 5:50/km pace for 1st 3km and still the beeping was driving me nuts. In the end, I decided to ignore the HR again and did a 5:35/km last 3km back home. Upon reflection, the pace was not fast for 6km run but I guess the important thing to note is that I train how I want to run during the ironman. If ever I can do a 5:30/km for a marathon, I would have accomplished what I had wanted all these while - a sub 4 marathon! That will still be a dream waiting to be fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment