Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Resumption!

Countdown to IMJ has just started its clock with the end of reservist. I celebrated this day with a simple 10km run. This is to warm up the muscles and keep it tuned up for the sessions that will be coming over the next 3 weeks. Simple because it was a moderate pace of 6:11/km on the average.


To be honest to myself, I have found that reservist is truly meaningful and essential in a Singaporean's life if in the eventuality of war and country preservation. Due to the recent knee injury, I have been downgraded in army medical status, although I would like to think that my fitness is in no way as inferior?


In the past, I had thought to myself that I will likely flee with my family in time of war. But as I looked at the exercise from the perspective of a bystander and found that although I am missing out on the training, I realised that I will pick up the weapon and defend the rights of the country when called to do so, or not. I had also asked myself why any sane American would send his own life for the country - the likes of Vietnam War, Iraq Wars. I have begun to appreciate: some times we will need to take a step back to fully digest the meaning of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment