Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Tough Days of Late

Ready or not, the race is nearing. I have tested my change in swimming technique and I think it will hold. I have gone a tinge faster with less trashing of arms during the pull strokes - keeping every 50m under the 60s mark. Yesterday afternoon, I completed my swim session of 500m warm up, 300m kicks, 5x200m (1min rest), 5x100m (30s rest), 10x50m (15s rest), sprint 10x25m and complete remaining 25m with breaststroke. Managed the 10x50m within 55s which was satisfactory by my standard.


Today's 175km bike was more than satisfactory. It had given me the confidence that I will be able to complete the bike in Japan with relatively fresh legs - provided the rolling terrain does not get the better of me. Incorporated 3 Faber climbs as well. I also tried my new nutrition technique yet again, 2 bidens of gels, each containing 6 gels mixed with Gatorade, aero bottle with 3 gels. Techinically, this will be enough carb to last me 5 hours on the bike. I had refuel of 2 bottles of Coke, 3litres of water and a chocolate bun. The best part was, during and after the bike, the knees did not hurt one bit, although last night they seemed to complain as I went down the stairs.


Did not have a happy time at work yesterday. The office had just gotten more political while in the past it was bearable. With the introduction of more people in the management, they were going all out to outdo each other and in so doing, the workers at the bottom of the food chain had become the pawns on the chessboard.


But these two training sessions made me look forward to IMJ again. And today, this had reminded me why I do ironman - to make my mind stronger and be able to withstand whatever that is thrown at me. Come to think of it, its only work. If I dont allow it, it will not shape my life. But how I lead my life, will. Continue to wallow in the anger and frustration will change my perspective of life. So, as I have always done, live and let live.

No comments:

Post a Comment