Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blow Wind Blow...

The ZIPP 808s are out! Training with them was great! The hubs felt so so smooth! But I guess it was because my training wheel hubs were quite trashed by now already.

Hit out on a century ride in the afternoon. Could see that the dark clouds were heading from North East and I was trying to ride in the opposite direction to the west, away from the looming clouds. I was hit by strong cross wind! I was in the open riding near Kranji and while I was an aerobars, the steering swayed so much that I almost fell off a couple of times. From then, I decided to be on my drops instead. Had to ride in that position for a while and the rain came. Soaked to the bone, I continued on the ride. As Scott Tinley wrote in Triathlete, it is all in the heart.


Got off the bike to do a 8km run but cut short to 4km because I had to go back home on time. I started on the run and I was pleasantly surprised that they felt cool as cucumber. While on the way back, I was hitting out on the bike pass 36kph and reeling up a slope at 39kph and over the top at 40kph. Legs were burning and I thought I would have crushed my run. I was running at pace of 6min/km for the 4km and that was because I made a conscious effort to slow down as well because I wanted to do it at IM pace. Surprisingly I eased into the run so easily because normally I would have felt lethargic.


I would like to attribute it to the trainings I have done thus far and I think the bike fitting I did with ELITE must have a hand in this as well? The whole idea of the fit was to be able to run fresh and this was exactly what I got today. I really hope it will be the case again for this Saturday as I will be doing a double century ride with a 10km run thereafter. It will be a good test of how effective the bike fit has been and whether the money spent would be well worth the money. Frankly, I think it did. I wouldnt have felt so much of a diff after having done 2 tri races to date if it were just training alone.


Was a good outing overall. Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment