Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Trashed Week (Weak...)

First was the slow 95km bike on Wednesday. Missed my swim on Friday and decided to run the Thursday run on Friday night. Then I felt bloated during the 12km run and completed only 4km in the end.


And today? The new bike set up made me more tired than before even though it was a mere 45km ride! The initial thoughts? My spinning form is gone. I use to be able to spin easily to 105 but now getting to 100 was a problem.


Jumped off the bike and went for a 2.5km run. That was alright but the stride seems weird. Maybe that is attributed to lower HR I was suppose to maintain. My coach said not to push too hard because of OSIM OD tomorrow.I dont feel the strain on the run and the legs do not feel that heavy but it seemed off, not the usual run I did last week or before.


I suppose the weak cycling form is again due to last week's high run mileage. I will also see if body can adapt to new bike set up for another 2 weeks before going back to Elite Bicycles for some refinement. Seems like I should not be expecting any PB for tomorrow's race. It is alright I suppose - I made the decision to go for the fit despite knowing the race is the same weekend.


Well, as coach said, use it to train for transition. And sometimes, no expectations will be good cos it may just surprise me in the end?

2 comments:

  1. Your loss of spinning cadence may be attributed to:

    1) Fatigue. It sounds like a lot of mileage. Running does ruin your legs for the following day. No cause for real concern.

    2) You are recruiting new muscle patterns. You are using your glutes as 'prime movers' more instead of your usual reliance on quadriceps and lower back. Keep doing your core exercises, and be patient and keep spinning as Coach prescribes. Your aerobar is now in the correct position and your chest is more open now. More breath: more oxygen.

    3) Transition training is necessary for having fresh legs for running. Blow the quads out and you're doomed. Agree or not, the swim and ride prepares you for the run. It's all in the run.

    4) Your bloating may be due to drink concentration. Your drink before it may not have cleared your stomach (gastric emptying), so you had difficulties running. Coach suggested a drink/gel you train regularly. He is strong on Hi-5, which he used to race beautifully in IMNZ.

    Have an easy race tomorrow, HK! I will see you there after my ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate! Actually the bloating during the run was because I ate too much from lunch to dinner. Darn! I was quite pissed with myself actually. Had wanted to do a slow jog to burn away the excess calories that were not used in the week.
    Yes, I will bear your advice in mind and see you tomorrow after your ride too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete