Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

X-Country Run

Ran in the mid afternoon sun - partially covered by the clouds. Been a while since I trained in this sweltering heat. 2.5km to start of trail and another 7.5km in the trail at MacRitchie Reservoir. Before uturn out and run home. Works out to be 15km of trail - not much actually but it broke the mundane run on the tarmac along the road.


I have not tried using the Polar GPS G3 inside the trail before. I thought that with the canopy of trees, it will block out the satellite signals. Apparently I was wrong. The G3 worked fine well inside the forest, which was well and good. The battery failed on me on the return leg but the new S3 footpod kept the mileage counting going. Fortunately for the back up.


Pace was slower than usual 20km on the tarmac, which is expected? With the gravel, slopes, the strides got shorter than usual. There came a particular slope that my HR jumped up to 155 and above I believe. My HR monitor was beeping away crazily. In the end, the going journey took me 1:06 while the return was 1:08 although the average cadence was higher for the return. But I definitely felt better than the last time I did this route last year. I found that my pace was quicker and more consistent than then. It had better be so otherwise  my effort and time would have all gone to waste. I was pretty satisfied with the run overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment