Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Longest Running Mileage in a Week!

102.5km! That is the longest mileage I have done so far! And my knees did not cave in! It is amazing!!!

Alright, technically speaking, 102.5km is over 7 days. If I start counting from 1st day of week, which is a Sunday, then I would have only covered 62.5 last week. And today's 40km over 2 sessions is mileage for the new week.

Nonetheless, I think I have made a new level in my own training with 2 days of 28+12km run and a 200km ride before that. Strange enough, my legs were not aching from Friday's run today. Although I still did not make that good a timing today - 2:58 for 28km and 1:09 for 12km with a 2hr break in between - I think it is still a breakthrough for myself in terms of the level of endurance.

I took a break yesterday and skipped my swim. 2 reasons - to spend time with my family as well, yes, to take a break. It was a good time with my family I must say! The balance is truly needed for beginning ironman triathlete like myself.

There was rain in the morning. So I started at 0945. Ended about 1pm. 12km run started at 1515. My, my, were my legs complaining but well worth it, for my mental and confidence that I should be able to pull through in Japan.

The countdown to IM Japan has begun. I have 7 more weeks of training - excluding 2 weeks of reservist and the last week of tapering. I suspect I will be tapering 2 weeks from the race. This will mean that I have only 6 more weeks of actual training. The sessions will be stepping up again. But not after the easy days on Monday and Tuesday, as Coach had promised! I am holding him to his words...

Coach was right, this week's sessions have boosted my confidence a notch higher. Great stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Impressive. I am sure your hard work will pay off in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I hope so too. I also shocked myself. Thanks mate!

    ReplyDelete