Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

I Survived!

28km in the morning and 12km at night! Wow! That's a first dual time training I have done and both are runs!

No doubt, it will not be the same as doing a marathon at a go, but hey, this is training. And it has brought my self awareness to a new level. Awareness of my own physical fitness.

The 28km was a gruelling run. Last 8km was a total torture. My will tank was really at a low and I never expected myself to complete it at all. Took me a whole 3 hours to finish it off. I could not step up the pace for the last 13km.

I know I was suppose to run the 12km in the afternoon. But it was Easter holiday and I needed to be with my family. So I did the run at 9pm with Colin and Gerald. Colin is 52 years old, but his running is not as old as he is. Considering that he is 15 years my senior, he can run at my pace and even faster... In any case, it was an easy run and took me 1:15 to clear it. We were having short conversations at some stretches - explains the longer time than usual? But the company was good and it was at night, so why not an easy run? After all, it was my second run for the day already. Alright... it was an excuse not to push myself too hard...

So yes, it was do-able and have survived it! And will see how I fare on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment