Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Trainings - Friday and Saturday

Friday's swim sessions went on fine. Did sets for 500m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m, all under 60seconds per 50m. Did 4 sets of 50m under 50 seconds each, with the last at 46seconds. I think I have improved in terms of speed as compared to the past. But like all my other disciplines, it is the ability to hold these speeds for 3.8km. And it all makes sense? I can hit 40 kph on the bike, BUT can I hold it for 180km? I can hit 4:15/km on the run, but can I sustain that pace for 42km? Realistically speaking, not YET - yes, a little sense of optimism - I would like be able to do this in future. Perhaps, may not be so soon? But hopefully in my lifetime and not next?


Today's bike started well and good, besides the clumsy fall while making a very slow u-turn, all was well and good for 90km till I hit a flat. Changed the tube and realised that the foreign object was still embedded in the tyre. The foreign workers around me noticed that I was trying to pull it out but failed miserably, kindly offered me a rusty but absolutely usable nail clipper to pull the wire out from the tyre. Measured 3-4cm. How can I miss seeing this before I even changed the tube? In any case, I have the worker to thank for.


Despite using 2 canisters, the tyre was still under inflated. Wife was busy chauffering my children and could not pick me up. No choice and I had to bike the remaining 35km home. Totally trashed my legs. While on the way back, I made up my mind to forgo the run and with that I picked up my cadence and went hard on the bike. If it is training I want, I need to make sure every session counts. It sucked to have such a dramatic day. But every dog has its day isnt it?

No comments:

Post a Comment