Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

No IMNZ... No Taupo 2011...

I was hoping to do Taupo for 2011. Hoping against hope that it will be held during the March school holiday's weekend, 19 Mar 2011 (Saturday). But it has been in vain. IMNZ is scheduled to be on 5 March, just 2 weeks before the hols.

Darn! I am left with the hope that IM China will be on 19 Mar. At least I will have the Sunday to fly back before the school holiday ends. If China is not on this date, it will only mean that I will be back to Japan in 2011. Its either Japan 2011 or WA(Busselton) 2011. But my wife wants to go for a holiday elsewhere in December 2011 - so likely it will have to be Japan. Another 15hrs cut off!?

Damn! Double damn! I want to race in other countries besides WA and Japan. I want to do Switzerland... Germany... South Africa... Spain... France... Austria... ! Alas! With this job of mine, I am as good as stuck with only 2 possibilities... I want to do the Ironman Amazing Race... It can again be another dream...

2 comments:

  1. I dun have alot of experience but my principles are not to go against the following;

    1. Work, cos they pay for your passion, and
    2. Family, cos you need them to support your passion.

    Steady my friend. There are enough races around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Agreed. Which is sadly the reason why I can only do Japan or WA every year...

    ReplyDelete