Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Bike Route!

I spoke to Daphne from Elite Bicycles Asia. She told me of an undulating secret training route, which is a detour from the usual route that I take on my rides. My my! It was a damn good place to ride and was very tiring! Clocked up total mileage today by doing a 2 times the detour and did not have to head to West Coast Highway. Looks like I will have to play there more often now. Hope it will not be too late for IMJ!


Used a new ELITE saddle today. Apparently was co designed between David Greenfield and John Cobb. Looked like the V-Flow but I found it spongy. It was alright I guess? But I cant stand the nose. Before this, I was on the Adamo Peloton. It was alright except that it was too hard. My fat ass just could not take the hard and harsh saddle. Is there not a single saddle that can help me ride 180km comfortably without shifting around too much?


Tuesday's 24km run was strange. My coach thought it probably was because of the intervals I did the night before. He is right I suppose? Fatigue was probably the main reason. The HR was so low that I have never experienced before in a 20km run. Cadence was normal. Breathing was constant. I did not feel drained but the legs just could not power through the 24km. This might be attributed to lack of carb for the past few days as well?


Just realised that I had already done 60 odd km of run since the past Sunday. Looks like Coach is putting me on another big week of run. But at least it would not be a another 28+12km in a day kind of session, twice in a week? That would have been unthinkable... But somehow pricks the stimulating cord in me. Have I gone mad? Is pain the new joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment