Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

10000km and Still Counting!

While going and about doing my 182km ride today, I met Tofuman and Lee from Trifam on the road. Met Tofu at Jurong West, he was heading towards Tuas service road, also on a 180km ride. The latter I saw at Changi Coastal doing his laps.


Today's session was a much better ride than last week. Although I could feel the lactate building up in the legs at 160km and realised that I was getting undercarbed, I was still able to push all the way back although the spinning home was not exactly at a very fast speed. But I was suppose to warm down anyway.


Did NTU slopes - double hump and long slope - twice. And finally decided to try Mt Faber from Bukit Merah - the non Morse Road side. It was an eye opener! The slope just kept going at a steep gradient. But the accomplishment was immense. I could do this again! Morse Road pales in comparison now! The only problem is that the lane was narrow and if there were a vehicle behind - like today - I would slow them down by a lot.


Coach prescribed decreasing HR sets which I followed in terms of the decrease, but kept the HR higher than what he gave me. I was feeling good and thought I should not waste it. After all, it was coastal flats. Maintaining the HR was much easier than rolling terrain.


After the bike I did a 4km run. I think the sensor was not accurate today? Probably because my cadence was much higher than usual. Probably ran 3.7km only. Legs felt ok but physically tired definitely. I dont know how I am suppose to do a marathon after this distance.


***




It is finally official that I have hit above 10000km on my bike today! It should been much earlier, because this was my 3rd speedo on the bike. But I guess the previous 2 dont matter too much because the mileage probably would not be very high anyway? So! Depreciating this machine over the distance, I think I have managed the best bang for the buck! Oh yes, imagine the amount of time I have spent riding too! My my!


I bought this bike in December 2008. Most of the mileage was probably clocked from October 2009 onwards. Likely from this year's training mileage as well. 250km a week at least? NIIIICCCCEEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment