Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Oops... I did it again...


Yup, I spent money. Yet again... Bought a ZIPP disc clincher 900 and with a 12-23 cassette. It should be last piece of equipment I will be getting for the bike. It is with the hope that with this little aid, I can go slightly faster in the ironman at the end of the year.

It is not a new piece, but lightly used. In any case, I dont think many people will ride the disc wheel on a regular basis? It is probably too much risk to be put out there for training purposes? Am preparing to try it out on Saturday morning on a 120km ride. Will see how it feels out there and hopefully, it will push the speed up a notch, with less energy sapped from my legs on the run. Will be doing a 16km thereafter on Saturday as well. Cross my fingers...

Did some basic research earlier and had found that there is another alternative to the disc - wheel covers. But realised that it was too much of a hassle because it will include removing the cassette at everytime the covers are installed or removed. Also, it is advised against using the covers for training purposes. It is a very much cheaper alternative I must say? But weighing the fact that I will be doing a few more times of IMWA, I thought I might as well own it instead.

Now that I have gotten whatever that I can get my hands on on instruments of speed, it is back to basics. Train, train and train.

***

Completed 3 sets of 3km at night. I am really working on overdrive at work. Because of the project I am heading, I have to put in more hours. But it is all coming to an end soon. I cant wait to get my life back. With increasing HR, eased in the pace at every set, with average pace of 6:23, 6:02 and 5:34 with a last km warm down. Not exactly considered as fast intervals because the HR were IM pace, I think?

Losing my swim session tomorrow because of work. Oh well, such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment