Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Music Reminiscence

Remember The Cranberries in the 90s, "Zombie", "Linger" and "Animal Instinct"? Bought their "best of" collection yesterday after so many years. Irish Indie/pop group whose lead singer, Dolores O'Riordan - actually I dont know what her name was until I found their website - has a distinctive vocals that "linger"s, pun intended. Also realised that the songs were shortened in this collection, as compared to the longer versions in the album.

I am probably one of the last few people to buy CDs in this time and age. Most of the people are downloading them from the internet? But I kind of like to own a hardcopy - in this case, the CD and the box? I still prefer the brick and mortar kind of shopping. There is more satisfaction, isnt it? You get to talk to people who sell the items, you get to physically touch them, inspect them? Where is the thrill in "in front of monitor and purchase with a click", really? Am I old school, I dont think so. I do online purchases as well, but that is because these items are not readily available in Singapore, or more costly, or I already know how the item is like, or they are not so crucial that I have the need to inspect them.

***

Today I started my 28km run at 1530. I think it was the worst time to start a long run today. The clouds were sparsely spaced out. I could see the blue sky and the rays were just so scorching hot! Sunscreen on and I was out. Within the first 5km, I was feeling the energy drained from me and I know I was in trouble already. Of course, this was not entirely due to the heat? I was feeling tired from Saturday's bricks session.

HR was not climbing at all, despite the same cadence of about 85. I know my stride was definitely not strong and probably very short as well. Nailed the whole distance at 6:44/km pace. Coach told me to take it easy and cap it at under 140 HR. Even if I had wanted to push it above 140, I would not have been able coz my legs were just not cooperating and firing. Actually, my lungs felt tired too. Ok, 3:09 was the same timing as the previous 28km run I did.

I will have to get a new pair of Newton runners soon. Will have to retire this pair soon. The good thing about my gait is that I am evenly wearing off the sole. I use to wear off the heels faster than the front. Now, I am wearing off the middle more than the rear. This means I have been landing well on the front to mid sole. Let's hope this will continue to improve.

Time to crash to my bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment