Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Latest Purchase - Bike Shoes





This purchase is pure... vanity. Something that I could have done without. Like it white and the feeling was snug with the insoles. But on the bike? The heel cup seems to slip off. And probably the new cleats are a bit off as well, the crank arm rubs the strap. This went off after some adjustments of the strap. Initial thought of it, not as good as it looked, sadly.


***


Probably need an eye check or a brain scan. Made a terrible mistake on Thursday's swim. Did 10x200m instead of 10x100m. Clocked in 3:40-3:45 for 8 of the sets and the last 2 sets at 3:50 and 3:55. I was trashed big time! Thereafter, had to do 20x50 leaving at every 55s. Managed the 55s but had to take 20s break in between each lap. I was tired and almost gave it up after the first few laps.


This mistake cost me my swim on Friday. Shoulders were achy during the warm up and with Toa Payoh pool closed for YOG, Bishan pool was FILLED with loads of kids and adults. It was almost impossible to swim in a straight line. Decided to call it a day as I knew I would not be able to do the 1km time trial besides other sets I was suppose to do.


Today's 2nd half of the brick session was great. Did a 116km bike and 3 sets of 5km thereafter. Gerald overslept. So it was just me and Pheng Kuan. I knew today was going to be a hard and fast ride after looking at the precribed HRs. And true enough, fatigue set in very fast. On top of that, I met another young rider on a CEEPO bike who was pretty steady and strong. I had to let him go because my friend was already dropped.


Ah! The run. 1st set at 6:01/km, 2nd set at 5:48/km and the last 5km at 4:54/km. Although I was fading (due to lack of carb more than anything else) towards the end of the 5km, but I thought I held on pretty well and am very satisfied with the run. I contemplated dropping the run during the bike. I had thought my legs were quite wasted. To my surprise, they were not.


The runs are getting better and beginning to enjoy it more. No huffing and puffing. Just constant breathing. Great! I like it totally!

No comments:

Post a Comment