Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fat Burning Run

Got a nice dressing down by Coach for not following the HR yesterday during the 180km ride. And cause of the ride, today's legs did not function that well during the run, 4x6km. Holding fat burning HR. Coach had wanted me to hold at low rate so that the body will know to burn the fats for fuel, and the intention is not a weight loss programme.


Started off the session with whole body totally not warmed up. But after the initial 2km, things started to get better. The legs' cadence started to get back to normal. 6:50/km, 6:32/km, 6:16/km and 6:04/km, with 500m walk in between sets. Only did not managed to clear the last 500m walk because had to rush home to bring my daughter to the docs.


Speaking of which, both the kids have had fever for the past week, like domino effect, one after another. I am still holding out and I hope that the bacteria wont come to me. So far, so good. The stiff neck is diminishing, really the worse case I have ever gotten. There is still a lingering ache but nothing more.


***




Had the 6700 shifters set up. Think I am probably not used to it? The feedback is really spongy. The feel is just not as resounding as the 6600 shifters. Have I made a mistake with this? No turning back now, I will just have to get accustomed to it. I will know this week to see how it really works. Silly thing is that I will have to set up hoods position again. Time to revisit ELITE. What a bummer!


At the same time, changed out the bar tape TBB fixed up for me. And its the return of the Lizard Skins. Realised that it was much cheaper in CRC than in Singapore. Something like 25% less. So I suppose it is worth the buy from the online store. Although I must say that not everything is that much cheaper? And if it were like $5-$10, I wouldnt bother too much and let the local blokes make the money. I will rather support them anytime? But some times, some things are just marked up way too high. Either that, I just dont have the time to go hunt for the goods. Let the fingers do the walking for me - this sounds all too familiar, Yellow Pages? They must be so dated!

No comments:

Post a Comment